Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fire1184
Rookie

36 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  12:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to "Resources" also. That is where all the studies are posted.
http://www.48-96.com/48-96/Resources.html

quote:
Originally posted by fire1184

Diesel44, if you go to http://www.48-96.com/48-96/Welcome.html and look under "benefits", they have studies done and letters from doctors that working 48 hour shifts are healthier than 24 hr shifts. This is a civilian FD whom work 48/96 but the studies are done for the same, working 48 hrs vs. 24 hrs!

quote:
Originally posted by diesel44express

quote:
Originally posted by Gator

Mark,

Where do you get your information? There are several websites out there that show the benefits of the alternative work schedules. City departments are also changing to the different schedules. There are too many benefits to list on here.

There is one department that went back to the 24/24 from the 48/72 because the management couldn't compile a proper schedule with people taking leave.

The 48/48/6 schedule is just 2 shifts on and two off combined together, still an A and B shift. How would this create a problem? Studies have shown less vehicle accidents in departments working the AWS......That alone should be enough to have everyone switch!

Gator, Where are these websites you mentioned? I'm trying to show the supporting documention of the 48/48 but I keep coming up blanks.

Go to Top of Page

hollywood69
Rookie

7 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I work for a small Federal FD for the Elizabeth City Coast Guard Base Elizabeth City NC. We are a small Dept. with 7 min manning. We are discussing the 24/72 alt schedule. I have a lot of questions and would like to poll different depts. The questions would be pro/cons. Union and civ personnel issues, etc. Is there anyone that would volunteer info or I could call/email.

Thanks Chris
Go to Top of Page

fire1184
Rookie

36 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  07:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, email me at fire1184@hotmail.com

quote:
Originally posted by hollywood69

Hi, I work for a small Federal FD for the Elizabeth City Coast Guard Base Elizabeth City NC. We are a small Dept. with 7 min manning. We are discussing the 24/72 alt schedule. I have a lot of questions and would like to poll different depts. The questions would be pro/cons. Union and civ personnel issues, etc. Is there anyone that would volunteer info or I could call/email.

Thanks Chris

Go to Top of Page

firefighter1538
Rookie

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  12:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please send me both the 48/48/4 and the 48/48/6 schedules. Thanks

firefighter1538@yahoo.com

Stay Safe!!!
Go to Top of Page

APGFD1233
New

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  22:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can some someone please send me both the 48/48/4 and the 48/48/6 schedules to apgfd1233@gmail.com

Thanks
Eric
Go to Top of Page

Hurst78
Rookie

30 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  18:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day
Hoping folks experienced with the AWS can answer this question.
One of the advantages of the AWS is not having to take so much leave.
How do we prevent use or lose situations at the end of the year if personnel are not taking the annual leave they earn?

Thank you and please wear your seatbelt!

Edited by - Hurst78 on Sep 25 2015 18:10:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DoDFire.com © 2010 DoDFire.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000