Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

dirtygss
Rookie

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  13:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen,

First I'll be surprised if anyone sees this! Considering making application for oconus positions and seek a better understanding of allowances.

1.)What allowances I would potentially be able to receive in say:
Korea
Guam
Italy

2.)I believe locality is completely out for oconus postings. Are there any allowances that would be calculable towards our high three #'s?

3.) Are there differences is BAQ,COLA etc... for GS employees that are the same grade across services. So as a GS 7-6 in Air Force would I receive different allowances that say a GS 7-6 in the Navy?

Thanks for any response I might get. Be safe!

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." A. Einstein

Panman
Rookie

10 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  17:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://aoprals.state.gov/content.asp?content_id=231&menu_id=92

This link provides some information towards the allowances overseas. Each country has different rates which may be viewed on the State Dept. website. Allowances are based for all federal employees and not specific towards branch. These allowances are always subject to change depending on the euro or whatever the local currency is. I will say also, overseas is a unique opportunity for any individual to grow in this career field. You must be on top of your game and a team player. It has been challenging for me but well worth it.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DoDFire.com © 2010 DoDFire.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000