New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

FDTower1
Rookie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  06:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some help if possible...this might get a little long, so bear with me.

I work at an Air Guard Base in Michigan that has recently been realigned to a drone mission thus as of 30 Sept 2014 they are laying off all of us civilian firefighters (State of MI employees). Since this announcement, our Assistant Chief of Training has decided he intends to retire early (but has no date for it yet) and seems to have went ROAD. I an attempting to enroll in the Fire Officer 3 CDC but he has pawned me off on base training as he "does not know how much longer he will be here". I contacted base training and the individual who normally handles CDC enrollment retired and there is no one in that position who knows how to enroll people. I then went to CE training and that individual is a traditional guardsman and since they are only there one weekend a month, I have not heard anything back from them...Can anyone help me, can I call AFCESA or another base for help with this??? I am getting quite frustrated here!!!

NHCFR (NC) Driver/Operator
Former USAF Firefighter

oldtimer78
Lt

USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  08:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would call AFCEC (Tyndall). Start with 850-283-6321. Not the correct number, but will get you in the right portion of the building. Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by FDTower1

I need some help if possible...this might get a little long, so bear with me.

I work at an Air Guard Base in Michigan that has recently been realigned to a drone mission thus as of 30 Sept 2014 they are laying off all of us civilian firefighters (State of MI employees). Since this announcement, our Assistant Chief of Training has decided he intends to retire early (but has no date for it yet) and seems to have went ROAD. I an attempting to enroll in the Fire Officer 3 CDC but he has pawned me off on base training as he "does not know how much longer he will be here". I contacted base training and the individual who normally handles CDC enrollment retired and there is no one in that position who knows how to enroll people. I then went to CE training and that individual is a traditional guardsman and since they are only there one weekend a month, I have not heard anything back from them...Can anyone help me, can I call AFCESA or another base for help with this??? I am getting quite frustrated here!!!

Former USAF Firefighter

Go to Top of Page

FDTower1
Rookie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  09:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. ..hopefully this will work.

Former USAF Firefighter
Go to Top of Page