SCOTT SCBA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

fireburd
New

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  08:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering if there were any DoD installations using a SCOTT SCBA?

fireman5309
Rookie

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  08:25:34  Show Profile  Send fireman5309 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We use the Scott SCBA here at NAS Corpus Christi, Texas
Go to Top of Page

fireburd
New

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  15:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any Army or Airforce installations using them? It seems most NAS are using the SCOTT platform but I wasn't sure if it has spread to the other agencies yet.
Go to Top of Page

Fireman_Jake
Lt

USA
205 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  13:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nearly all Air Force instillation have transitioned to MSA. I believe that it was mandated Air Force wide to replace interspiro.

Fireman Jake

My comments are my own. They do not reflect the views or opinions of my supervisors, my department nor the Air Force
Go to Top of Page

omar
Rookie

42 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  23:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work for the ARMY at Fort Bliss and we are currentlu using the SCOTT SCBA. I am also in the AF Reserves and all AF Fire Protection is using MSA, although i have been to some air guard bases that used to use the intra spiro and scotts. But as you can imagine, supporting two scba systems can get quite expensive.

Stay Safe,
Omar
Go to Top of Page

fireburd
New

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  06:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm not sure that there is any mandate or instruction that says an AF installation can only use an MSA. From my understandaing as long as the SCBA is NFPA compliant they can use whatever pack they would like. Now they do have to keep MSA's for mobility purposes and the military need to be trained and certified on them for deployments. Can anyone else shed some light on an AF instruction that says MSA must be used at all AF installations?
Go to Top of Page

Hog Chief
Lt

Afghanistan
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  00:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What the AF did was replace all Interspiro with the MSA Firehawk system, specifically designed for the AF. They of course are used for day to day operations and for mobility purposes. This was a central buy by the AF for all AF installations, Guard and Reserve forces. Saves a lot of money in the long run. MSA supports the system with parts etc thru a GSA contract. Good airpacks, not any lighter than the rest of the new ones.

Proud Veteran, "Support your Deployed Firefighters"
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DoDFire.com © 2010 DoDFire.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000