New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

FireDawg24
Rookie

37 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  14:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MARION, Ohio --
Two Ohio men honored as heroes for their actions after a 2009 car crash are now suing the woman they rescued from a burning vehicle.
The Columbus Dispatch reports the suit filed in central Ohio's Marion County by David Kelly and Mark Kincaid claims Theresa Tanner was at fault and that saving her left the men with disabling injuries. They're each seeking upwards of $25,000 in damages.
Kelly tells the newspaper the smoke and fire did so much damage to his lungs that he can no longer carry a laundry basket upstairs in his home. He says he saw hair melting on Tanner's head and is haunted by those memories.
Court records don't list an attorney for Tanner. Her husband told the Dispatch the family isn't commenting.

gochargers
Lt

235 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  15:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Times are tough?
Go to Top of Page

diesel44express
Rookie

USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  16:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to make the point clearer. These so called "Rescuers" were not Firefighters. They are your run of the mill local boys that just happen to come across a burning car and by their own doing, chose to rescue this woman.
Go to Top of Page

gochargers
Lt

235 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  19:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a highly litigious society... this has ambulance chaser written all over it (speculation). Either way, the media in all it's greatness assumes that the reader knows that the men are suing her insurance company and not her directly because I can guarantee that the insurance is not going to pay out to them for medical issues that they may be experiencing.

Edited by - gochargers on Aug 01 2011 19:15:10
Go to Top of Page

Engine03
Lt

109 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  23:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. These men Chose to rescue this woman, in effect becoming Good Samaritans; average guys with no training that stepped up to the Plate. And even if it was the Woman's fault, who can say? Regardless, They performed the Rescue. Made up their own minds and Free Will to do it.
Yep, This has Ambulance Chaser written all over it. Some "Bright Boy" probably whispered in their ears about making $$$ from some "Evil" Insurance Company. They did great by saving a Life, now they're becoming Pond Scum by tossing a Good Deed well done out the window. I hope a Judge tosses this out and they lose their A$$.
Any Lawyer that condones this, has a place in Hades waiting for him. Stoking the fire with a shovel. Is this what our Country has become? Sue Happy? Sad.
Go to Top of Page

Dfire
Rookie

15 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  07:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope these guys get the money they need to take care of the injuries they received. I'm sure when they decided to help this woman they didn't consider that if they were injured themselves they wouln't be helped. Can't say what the entire story is but I know that if I was injured trying to help "save a life" somehow my medical needs would be addressed.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
DoDFire.com © 2010 DoDFire.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000